Public Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Forums

Sharing Down Syndrome, Computer Help, Alterations & Tailoring

2 posters

Magic Jack and address book

telltom

Male Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-04-15

Magic Jack and address book Empty Magic Jack and address book

Post  telltom Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:18 am

Hi folks,
    I have another Magic Jack question. I store all my contacts in the address book. If something goes wrong, there is a good chance I will loose all the contacts and i will have to re-type them. Is there a way to save the address book to documents or any place on the computer. I'm running Windows vista home basic.
    I open "my computer" and try to open one of the two Magic Jack icon drives, but when I do it just restarts Magic Jack software. So maybe it can't be done in Vista? thanks, Tom.
    Jason Lim
    Jason Lim
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Magic Jack and address book Empty Re: Magic Jack and address book

Post  Jason Lim Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:09 pm

Magicjack's address book file is saved on one of those two storage drives that appear in your My Computers window. Look for the drive icon that says "magicJack" and NOT "cd drive - magicjack". Then look for a folder called "magicjack" and you'll find an XML file call "AddressBook". That's it right there. You can drag copy-paste that file to another location to back it up. TIP: navigate to this drive location using the windows folder view expand the folders from the left side - as opposed to doing series of doubleclicks from the my computer icon. i think this may prevent the window from disappearing when you get to the magicjack drive icons.

Magic Jack and address book Mj12

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:27 pm