Public Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Forums

Sharing Down Syndrome, Computer Help, Alterations & Tailoring

2 posters

Work-at-home Opportunity Legit?

Christy Grace

Female Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Work-at-home Opportunity Legit? Empty Work-at-home Opportunity Legit?

Post  Christy Grace Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:19 pm

I have been looking for a part-time job to supplement my income, responded to an ad posted on craigslist, and have been corresponding with this company who has agreed to hire me for a work-at-home arrangement. Thanks for reviewing their forwarded email below (if you have time). Do you feel they are legit or should I be concerned with what they are offering me here?
    Jason Lim
    Jason Lim
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Work-at-home Opportunity Legit? Empty Re: Work-at-home Opportunity Legit?

Post  Jason Lim Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:30 pm

After reviewing your email a few red flags did come into mind:

1. money orders
    2. wire transfers
    3. the company does not have their own website and operates from a yahoo email account which can cost as little as $50/yr or less
    4. grammatical mistakes in email

If you ahvent' done so already, I would do more research on this company and give them a call. Also do a google search on the company's name. Also do a google search on "work from home money order wire scam" and see if the descriptions of the scam stories fit the profile of the current company your are investigating. Hope this helps you. Craigslist is a great place to buy and sell and I use the site all the time. But there are scammers out their too. If there is more material you'd like for me to review for you, feel free to email them to me.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:27 pm