Public Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Forums

Sharing Down Syndrome, Computer Help, Alterations & Tailoring

3 posters

just trying out new syst 8)

looneylyn

Female Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-05-03

just trying out new syst 8) Empty just trying out new syst 8)

Post  looneylyn Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:49 am

transitioning to preschool is a (private/I have to pay them)allowed to deny my child or acceptance because of DS if no medical problems are involved? I just want to be prepared if they can. DID I Read that only you Gina answer these questions or is this kinda like the old syst and all can post?
    Jason Lim
    Jason Lim
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

just trying out new syst 8) Empty Re: just trying out new syst 8)

Post  Jason Lim Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:23 pm

Anyone can read this forum but only those who are registered (it's free) to this SharingDS forum and upon approval can post new messages or reply to them. I have forwarded your message to Gina in order to have your question answered. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Smile
    Gina Johnson
    Gina Johnson

Female Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Post  Gina Johnson Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Dear Proud Mom, (aka looneylyn)
    Thanks for writing. I have been out of the office and my dear co-worker Rachel responded.
    Thankfully things have changed, and with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) preschools are not allowed to discriminate against our children. Year ago they did, but that is against the law. If you do encounter that situation will you please contact our offic( 480-926-6500) so we can help you know who to turn to. :-)
    i know it was hard for me (emotionally) when my son first entered preschool but it became a wonderful situation for him. Also if you are doing private pay, there will be many typical children in that class and that is so great. Our children are often visual learners and so mimic behaviors modeled by typcial children. I am proud of you for preparing mentally and emotionally to get your little one ready for this next big step. There of course are always some glitches as you and your child move forward but each will bring a great learning to you and to those who are serving your sweet child. I can tell you our children bring so much goodness to our world and always those who work with them will later tell you how much they love your son/daughter and how glad they were to have him/her as their student. Keep up the good work mom. xoxo
    Love, Gina
    Proud Mom of seven great kids including David (25) who has Down syndrome.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:04 pm