Public Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Forums

Sharing Down Syndrome, Computer Help, Alterations & Tailoring

2 posters

Circumcision

AMP

Female Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-08-24

Circumcision Empty Circumcision

Post  AMP Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:24 pm

My pediatrician is recommending against circumcision for our baby because his foreskin is thin, short, and flexible. She doesn't see the need for circumcision for him because the amount of foreskin she removes would not be worth the trouble in her opinion. She is leaving the decision to us, but that is her medical opinion. Previously, my husband and I were against circumcision, but were re-thinking this decision when our son was diagnosed with DSyndrome. I am curious if there are any parents who have had any develpmental or medical issues that might prompt us to have him circumcised. Are there any special issues related to DS that make circumcision necessary?
    Gina Johnson
    Gina Johnson

Female Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Circumcision Empty Re: Circumcision

Post  Gina Johnson Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Dear AMP,

I just came upon your question. I am writing under Gina's email, and work with her in the office. At the time my son was born, he was having feeding difficulties and it was decided at that time to not do the circumcision because of it. Prior to delivery of our son, I wasn't even sure I was going to have the procedure done anyhow.
    I don't know what the future holds and only time will tell if indeed I made the right choice, but thus far we have had no problems.

I will give you one of our Board Members email, Dr. Suda, she is a pediatrician that works often with our children with Down syndrome. info@gatewaypediatricaz.com

I hope this helps.

Rachel

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:27 pm