Public Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Forums

Sharing Down Syndrome, Computer Help, Alterations & Tailoring

2 posters

AVG Virus Protection Blocking Websites

Edwyn Harrison

Male Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

AVG Virus Protection Blocking Websites Empty AVG Virus Protection Blocking Websites

Post  Edwyn Harrison Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi Jason, Last week, you had fixed a problem with AVG for Karen on this computer. It seems that I also have a problem as a distinct user (we have four distinct users on this PC, though Karen and I are the primary users).

Specifically, when I sign on to Internet Explorer, it blocks the start-up page. I can get around it by typing in another web address, which I have been doing. However, AVG also blocks some pop-ups within web pages.

Any suggestions?
    Jason Lim
    Jason Lim
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

AVG Virus Protection Blocking Websites Empty Re: AVG Virus Protection Blocking Websites

Post  Jason Lim Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:58 pm

What you can do is completely remove the AVG software to confirm that this is the software that is causing the problems. Go to the control panel and then to the Add/Remove programs area and uninstall it from there. Then reboot, and test your websites. If AVG was indeed your problem, then it was caused by the website surfing filter that is had which is installed by default, but is not necessary. When you go back to reinstall the software (www.onsiteone.com --> go to downloads section), ensure to disallow the web filtering component during installation.

let me know if you get hung up.