Public Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Forums

Sharing Down Syndrome, Computer Help, Alterations & Tailoring

2 posters

Outlook and Cox Email Account

Joe Gavin

Male Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-03-30

Outlook and Cox Email Account Empty Outlook and Cox Email Account

Post  Joe Gavin Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Jason,

Hope all is well!

Does Cox.net e-mail support Outlook... ?
    Jason Lim
    Jason Lim
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Outlook and Cox Email Account Empty Re: Outlook and Cox Email Account

Post  Jason Lim Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Yes, all Cox subscribers get a COX.NET email address and you can configure Outlook (and Outlook Express or Gmail, etc.) to retrieve and send email with that Cox account. However, if you are already accustomed to logging into Cox's website to do your Cox email, then I would actually recommend sticking with that method. For folks who are forced to use Outlook, the disadvantage with Outlook is that if you're in a hurry or need to check email on another person's computer, you will need to install Outlook and configure your email accounts on that computer to do your email. And on top of that remember to change your outgoing email settings in outlook whenever you travel if you're using a laptop.

The trend nowadays is doing everything online: banking, office docs, social networking, and email. In my opinion Gmail accounts are the best free online email accounts to date - which give you ability to do online calendaring, tasks, contacts, docs, photos, etc.. the whole works. This is how I currently run my business actually. and nomatter who's computer i'm on, i've access to the same inbox, calendar, contacts, word, excel, photos, etc..

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:33 pm