Public Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Forums

Sharing Down Syndrome, Computer Help, Alterations & Tailoring

2 posters

Norton Popup Warning to "Allow or Not Allow"

Carolyn Johnson

Female Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Norton Popup Warning to "Allow or Not Allow" Empty Norton Popup Warning to "Allow or Not Allow"

Post  Carolyn Johnson Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:37 pm

I got some message awhile ago I did not recognize about something trying to connect and to select whether or not to allow. It was suggested "not to allow", so I did. Now, I cannot open up my Lotus Notes calendar...which I was using earlier this morning. Things have gotten hosed up recently, so I did restart, etc. Don't know what I might have done inadvertently. Can you help? Thanks.
    Jason Lim
    Jason Lim
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Norton Popup Warning to "Allow or Not Allow" Empty Re: Norton Popup Warning to "Allow or Not Allow"

Post  Jason Lim Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Looks like it was your Norton software that prompted to either allow or disallow a file that was responsible for making your Lotus notes program you run. And since you inadvertantly chose to "not allow" this Lotus-related file, it stopped your Lotus program from working afterwards. After some reconfiguration of Norton and some reboots, we got Lotus to work again.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:46 pm