Public Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Forums

Sharing Down Syndrome, Computer Help, Alterations & Tailoring

2 posters

AVG Update Message Repeating

Linda Morton

Female Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

AVG Update Message Repeating Empty AVG Update Message Repeating

Post  Linda Morton Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:09 pm

My AVG keeps telling to update and that I have to restart. I have restatred or let it do it but it never is updated cause it keeps telling me to update
    Jason Lim
    Jason Lim
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

AVG Update Message Repeating Empty Re: AVG Update Message Repeating

Post  Jason Lim Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:22 pm

You can try several things:

1. Look to the "system tray", the group of mini icons to the bottom right of your screen, and right click on your AVG icon. At the popup menu click on the "update now" option and allow it to do what it needs, then reboot your system. Let me know any error messages if one comes up.

2. Instead of clicking on the "update now" option from the above steps, click on the "Open AVG User Interface" option. You might see some status notifications that you can click on. Try to see what actions are needed to resolve the notifications and let me know if you run into errors doing so.

3. If all else fails, go to the AVG folder from your Start Menu and completely uninstall the software, restart your computer, download the latest version of AVG here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_avg_antivirus/ , then run the install file that was previously downloaded. Let me know if you run into errors doing this.
    Linda Morton

AVG Update Message Repeating Empty Steps 1 2 and 3

Post  Linda Morton Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:18 pm

I had done 1 on my own. That is why i wrote to yo in the first place. The message kept repeating no matter how many times it rebooted. Inter face doesn't have anyting in it that I haven't seen elsewhere. Number three i did through my computer uninstall and it wouldn't uninstall because there is an installerror. !!!!!. I trie to uninstall the way you wrote but the same message came up!!!! I have Windows defender protecting me now but i don't know if that is permenent. And I downloading cyber defender from that same site i got free avg. What now. that message is irritating. AND, am I defended?????
    Jason Lim
    Jason Lim
    Admin

Post  Jason Lim Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Seems like you already tried a few things to correct it but in the end some errors are preventing you to do a proper reinstall. This is an issue that would be quicker and easier addressed with a remote control session. Would you like me to give you a call tomorrow (thursday)?
    Linda Morton

AVG Update Message Repeating Empty Today is Saturday

Post  Linda Morton Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:17 pm

another day would be better since thursday has passed. I will be out of town Tuesday and Wednseday, leaving late monday. i will try and call you Monday.
    Jason Lim
    Jason Lim
    Admin

Post  Jason Lim Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:10 am

Here is a summary of the solutions. Removed Microsoft One Care protection softeare, then manually uninstalled AVG software, performed a repair operation on AVG, reinstalled AVG software, another full AVG remove operation, and then a final AVG reinstall operation. Glad I can help you!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:43 pm